#SocialForGood is an endeavor to bring positive change in the way we communicate with each other on the internet and use social media to do actual good.
- With #SocialForGood, we plan to spread the message of using the power of social media to bring awareness to issues/causes that matter, celebrate real stories of impact and inspire people to do their bit to influence positive change.
- Facebook and Instagram will bring together some of the biggest names in popular culture who are using the platform effectively to bring awareness to such causes.
- This day will be dedicated to sharing the spotlight with real people who are associated with these causes with active communities.
In Collaboration with Priyanka Chopra
This activity will be in collaboration with actor, producer, philanthropist, and global phenomenon Priyanka Chopra.
- Priyanka has been an active advocate for a number of social causes like Girl Child Education, Protecting the Environment, Children in conflict areas, etc.
- She is also the goodwill ambassador for UNICEF and has used her social media influence to bring awareness to many such causes.
The shortlisted causes/topics to be covered during the Live-athon:
The event will be 4-hour simultaneous live, with the following –
Welcome address by FB India team + video byte by Sheryl Sandberg